Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > need lab scope softwar/app
need lab scope softwar/app

11260 Views 30 Replies Latest reply: 2015-10-18 18:28:26

•   Level 3   
    (68) points
    joerman75
    2015-03-09 06:43:41
    Just got. Mp408 scope. How do I get the app in maxisys pro? Also can't find pc program on install disc. Any ides

•   Level 6   
    (413) points
    Dave08902

2015-03-09 07:29:20 (Reply to:joerman75)

On this website, go to products, then MP408 on the right.  Click on the download tab, there is the android app for the MP408.  Use your Maxisys browser so when you download it, it will be on scanner.  Next you need to go to settings and then security and check allow third party apps, then install the app, The app will be launched from the home page and not from the Maxisys App.
    http://www.auteltech.com/Automotive%20Oscilloscope/540.jhtml

By the way, where did you buy the MP408 and did you get the basic or the advanced kit?

•   Level 3   
    (68) points
    joerman75
    2015-03-09 07:46:23 (Reply to:Dave08902)
    Awsome thanks. Do u know about he pc bads software for it?
    I found it on www.nxtools.com. I got the basic kit. I wanted the advanced but couldn't
    find it available anyware. I'm hoping that the other items in the advanced kit will be
    available seperatly later. Or maybe I'll just get the clamps elseware. Thanks for the
    help.

•   Level 6   
    (413) points
    Dave08902

2015-03-09 07:56:52 (Reply to:joerman75)

Thanks for the info, I'm waiting for the advanced kit also.  I don't know any info on the PC software.  I would just keep an eye on the download area for the scope, Hopefully it will be released soon.

Can you keep us here updated on what you think about the scope,  I'm sure there are a lot of people here very interested in the scope.

Thanks

•   Level 3   
    (68) points
    joerman75
    2015-03-09 08:03:40 (Reply to:Dave08902)
     i'll get the app installed today and start playing with it. will update once I figure it all out... thanks for the help

•   Level 4   
    (150) points
    RayJuk

2015-03-09 10:19:08

I didn't even realise the scope was out yet, have been waiting ages.
    Please do give feedback on it
    Thanks
    Ray

•   Level 3   
    (73) points
    MikeP

2015-03-10 10:07:38

Also looking forward to scope so just installed this app to have a look.
    The download mentioned above installs an icon in the home screen.
    More of a question for support but will this scope application on the home page replace the scope option within the MaxiSys program?
    The scope app button in the MaxiSys screen just brings up some static waveform image.

•   Level 3   
    (68) points
    joerman75
    2015-03-11 06:28:55 (Reply to:MikeP)

ok so ive used it a few times now. parasitic draw testing and fuel pump testing. seams to work pretty good. I don't have a ton of experience with a lab scope which is why I wanted this. the only other one ive used is the pico. this autel one seams pretty straight forward it was real easy to hook up and get a signal, the auto scale is really quick and all of the other fine tuning was pretty intuitive. so far I really like it.  looking forward to the PC software.

I was wondering about the app for the tablet as well on mine the app within the maxisys program does nothing even with the mp408 plugged in. I have to get to the home screen and open the app there.

on a side note does anyone know why the app tray is set as the home screen. if you long press on any icon it will take you to the home screen like when you customize your home screen on your phone. but press the home icon and it goes to the app tray.... ???

•   Level 3   
    (73) points
    MikeP

2015-03-11 07:36:45

I have played around with the home screen icons also and found the same thing. Normal Android tablet does not work like this. My guess is it due to how locked down the system is.

Really looking forward to getting this scope. I bought a cheap 2 channel PC scope a few months what works OK but like many USB scopes you are limited to 5V max input. Above that you need attenuators so checking fuel injectors for example that spike to 60V it goes past the max even using the x10 probe. The MP408 specs show 100V max, same as the Pico.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-03-12 07:23:34 (Reply to:joerman75)

the program used on Maxisys is release on our website, and the PC program is still under development, may release in about 2 weeks.
  Total4 Pages